It’s Friday, glorious Friday, always a cause for celebration! While you’re getting ready to kick off your weekend celebration, the Story Empire authors have cobbled together a collection of goodies for you to digest at your leisure. For an appetizer, I recommend Monday’s SE post What Your Website is Likely Missing by Staci Troilo, followed by What’s Your Preference? by yours truly (er, that would be me—Mae Clair).
When you’re done noshing on those, treat yourself to dinner and dessert with this week’s collection of useful articles and tips. Curated Content is served—bon appetit!
This Week’s Valuable Content
- A revealing look at hospitals of the 1800s on The Chirurgeon’s Apprentice.
- Filling in Plot Gaps (creating signpost scenes and how to fill in between them)
- Beef Up Your Social Media Bio (5 ways, takes 5 minutes)
- Mistakes Preventing You From Writing (7 reasons why you haven’t finished your book and how to avoid those pitfalls)
- 3 Vital Elements of Craft: Subplots, Scenes and POV (tips for handling each)
- Basic (self) Editing (do’s and don’ts and some differences across the pond)
- 5 Reasons Fellow Writers Are Essential to Your Writing Life (you’re not in this gig alone)
- What Does Your Handwriting Say About You? (infographic)
- 7 Grammatical Errors That Aren’t (old rules that don’t have to be followed)
- How to Promote Your Book Politely (and keep your friends)
- The Pros and Cons of Amazon KDP Select Exclusivity (why you may or may not want to grant exclusive selling rights to Amazon)
- Make Your Writing Sessions More Productive (some pretty drastic apps here)
- Boosting Sales by Making Changes (covers and book blurbs)
- Backmatter (infographic showing how to use backmatter to sell more books)
- Keywords in Reviews (Bet you didn’t know this about Amazon reviews.)
- Secondary Characters (5 ways to make them pop)