Craig here, and it’s Ffriday. At Story Empire this means it’s time for our weekly curated content post.
This is where our members share things they’ve discovered during the week that may be of interest to our fellow authors.
Before you start clicking away, don’t forget the posts we’ve presented this week:
The Three Legged Stool of Writing, which I wrote.
And a great editing and formatting post, by PH Solomon.
Today is the last day of our Story Empire Roadshow. You still have a chance at the prizes, so you might want to check the tour page and comment on the individual host blogs.
Click to your heart’s content, and let us know if you find something helpful.
- Why Your Novel Needs a Trickster (benefits of this chaos-inducing character type)
- Why Kill Your Darlings? (evaluation of “darlings” and how to treat them… murder isn’t always the answer)
- “Copying” Ideas You Love (brainstorming story ideas)
- Maximize Facebook Productivity (how to customize your settings)
- Get Those Emails Opened (51 types of subject lines proven to work)
- 5-Minutes to Better Bio (quick tweaks to improve your social media bio)
- Variety is the Spice of… Writing (vary sentence structure to improve readability)
- Tightening Your Writing (7 tips to condense wordy prose)
- Goodreads Marketing Timeline (6 months early to 1 month after)
- Pinterest for Business (ways to use Pinterest as a marketing tool)
- Romance Novel Planning (how the 12 key romance scenes layer over the 10 key any-novel scenes; comes with a chart)
- When “What if” Isn’t Enough (Knowing when to develop an idea into a story)
- Choose Writing (we all lead busy lives, but writing is a choice)
- 7 Tips to Writing Good Suspense (taken from Hitchcock)
- Getting Rid of the Parts Readers Skip (from Novel Rocket)
- Inside a Crime Scene (an older post, but with valuable information for crime writers)