Hey, Story Empire fans. Craig here today to assemble your weekly collection of links.
We take turns assembling this post, but all six of us contribute links. To start you off, we had our first group post on Monday. Three of us debated the merits of a Free or Self-Hosted WordPress Site. Then on Wednesday, P. H. Solomon posted about 4 Ways to Pack the Power of Scrivener into your Series. If you missed these, we’d appreciate you checking them out.
After that, here is the weekly collection of content for writers we found this week. Let’s get to your links.
- 7 Words That Often Tell, Not Show (and how to rewrite)
- Self Publishing (It’s not just Amazon KDP and Kindle)
- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? (Why fiction heals like nothing else can)
- The Midstream Temptation (How to resist the temptation to divert to other writing projects)
- Author Marketing Event (10 marketing tips)
- Seven Words That Tell, Not Show (and ways to correct the problem)
- Iconic Characters (what defines them and how to create them)
- Book Reviews (how to get them, how to market your work)
- Unforgettable Characters (six easy steps)
- Seasonal Publishing Trends (what topics sell best when; a 12-month planner)
- 31 Words/Phrases to Forget (unnecessary words)
- Adverbs (plus a chart of usage and links for checkers)
- Improving During Editing (when to add, when to delete)
- Conflict (internal and external)
- More on Platform Building
- Hooks (compelling book openings)
- Word Count (chart with length-range for works of fiction)
- Marketing (selling yourself, not your series)