Happy Friday, SE Readers. It’s time for another round of writing tips we’ve found around the web. If you haven’t read Harmony’s post, Lost in Translation, be sure to check it out. Also, my post this week is about Writing and Music.
And now, for this week’s curated content.
- Ingredients of a Great Series Character (James Scott Bell)
- Seven Simple Ways to Boost Your Blog Traffic (From Just Publishing)
- How to Write Your Best Book (In Four Parts) (Jeff Goins) … It does have annoying pop ups, which you can ignore, but is still well worth a read
- Editing 101 (covering 50 topics to date)
- Finding Your Voice (three questions to help you establish it)
- How to Write a Book (20 steps by Jerry Jenkins. Yes, the Jerry Jenkins who has written almost 200 books and is responsible for the Left Behind series.)
- Inciting Incident (and insights into it)
- Just Keep Going (stories of five famous authors’ rise to fame and why we, as writers, shouldn’t quit)
- Book Covers and Sales (five points to consider with excellent examples)
- Genre Mashing (five tips to writing across genres)
- 50 Resources for Indie Authors (descriptions and links)